The Sociology Book from DK is an introduction to the subject that tells you all about what society is and what makes it tick. With more than 100 ideas from the world's most renowned sociologists, covering topics as diverse as the effects of globalization; issues of equality, diversity, identity, and human rights; the role of institutions; and the rise of urban living in modern society, this book details all the key concepts of sociological thought.
- Part of an award-winning series that uses an innovative graphic approach and creative use of typography to clarify hard-to-grasp concepts and explain big ideas
- Explores sociological theories formulated by more than 100 famous sociologists, from Jane Addams to Sharon Zukin
- Easy to navigate step-by-step summaries explain each idea in a nutshell
- Biographies of key sociologists and social activists give a historical context to each idea
- A directory of social thinkers includes further biographies of sociologists from around the world