A Step 2 Green Apple graded reader, retold by Gina D.B. Clemen. Set in the dark streets of 19th-century London, this unforgettable classic tells the adventures of Oliver Twist, a penniless orphan who goes through all kinds of hardships for many years. Find out how, in spite of adverse circumstances, he finds happiness in the end.
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story,
this reader contains:
• A biography of Charles Dickens
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: Crime in Victorian London, Child Labour
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 4)
• A full recording of the text