Princesses Learn Chinese™ is a book series that exposes children to their first words and expressions in mandarin, through stories, songs and little quizzes.
Beauty and the Beast is the 5th book in the series. The story is narrated in English with insertions of Chinese audio. The book focuses on learning about rooms in the house and various expressions in mandarin Chinese ("Where are you?", "Where is he?", etc.). The narration is done by professional voice overs, with classical music.
What makes Princesses Learn Chinese™ different?
We believe in a story-based approach: helping children understand Chinese expressions in the context of a story
- Discover new Mandarin Chinese words, integrated in timeless tales. Tales are in English, with a new Chinese word or expression on each page.
- Listen to high quality narration by professional narrators.
- Enjoy classical music (Swan Lake, Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty,…).
- Associate images to Chinese characters and their pronunciation.
- Practice repeating the Chinese words on each page with the help of a Princess.
early languages llc aims to inspire children to learn new languages, 10 minutes at a time. You can also download our free iPad and iPhone app, Princesses Learn Chinese™.